Books in My Active Reading Queue
- The Back of the Napkin (Expanded Edition): Solving Problems and Selling Ideas with Pictures by Dan Roam
- Learning to Program by Steven Foote
- Rapt: Attention and the Focused Life by Winifred Gallagher
- For the Children's Sake: Foundations of Education for Home and School by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
- Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon
- Smarter Faster Better: The Secrets of Being Productive in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- The Hunt for Vulcan: . . . And How Albert Einstein Destroyed a Planet, Discovered Relativity, and Deciphered the Universe First Edition Edition by Thomas Levenson
- Rework by Jason Fried and David Hansson
- Pomodoro Technique Illustrated (Pragmatic Life) by Staffan Nöteberg
Books I Have My Eye On
- Rules of Play: Game Design Fundamentals by Katie Salen Tekinbas and Eric Zimmerman
- Mentioned on Episode 189 of 99% Invisible
- The Martian — Audiobook Edition by Andy Weir
- Recommended by Merlin Mann on Back to Work
- Design the Life You Love: A Step-by-Step Guide to Building a Meaningful Future by Ayse Birsel
- I saw this in Half Price Books. It looked cool. Seth Godin had a blurb on it, and I respect him.
- Confucius Lives Next Door: What Living in the East Teaches Us About Living in the West by T.R. Reid
- Recommended in Introvert Power, a book I enjoyed.
- All Marketers Are Liars by Seth Godin
- A Godin book I want to read.
- Buddhism Plain and Simple Paperback by Steve Hagen
- Merlin Mann and Dan Benjamin were discussing this on an early episode of Back to Work
- Bird by Bird by Annie Lammott
- Merlin Mann has talked about this book a few times on Back to Work. I used to own it, and for some reason I got rid of it without having read it. Whoops.
- How Dante Can Save Your Life by Rod Dreher
- My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey by Jill Bolte Taylor
- This book was mentioned in a training on mediations involving high-conflict personalities.
- Wabi-sabi for Artists, Designers, Poets & Philosophers by Koren, Leonard
- I can't remember where wabi-sabi caught my attention.
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of The Learning Organization by Peter M. Senge
- This was mentioned in the bibliography of Pomodoro Technique Illustrated.