JUST A CATHOLIC FAMILY
insights & tools
TO Help you
at Home & At work
What will You find at Just a Catholic Family?
You are going to find two things at Just a Catholic Family:
- Helpful posts (they help you either to do something or to think about something) and
- Helpful lists (they point you to resources & tools that we've found helpful ourselves).
It's called Just a Catholic Family and it's run by a Catholic family, so you might think that it's got stuff only for Catholics and for families. But make no mistake: you don't need to be Catholic or to have kids to benefit from what Just a Catholic Family has to offer.
Who are the Contributors?
Just a Catholic Family currently has two writers: James & Alishia Hanson. If you're interested, here are some things to know about them as a couple and as a family:
- They live in Phoenix, Arizona.
- They've been married since December 20, 2003.
- They have 6 children (the oldest is 11 and the youngest is 3).
- Their three oldest children are homeschooled; the fourth attends one of the Great Hearts schools.
- They are parishioners at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church.
- They're grateful for the adoration chapel at St. Joseph's Catholic Church.
- They have social and historical ties to St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church (it was their parish before they moved farther north).
- Their children benefit from the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd.
You can find out more about Alishia & James Hanson in the sections below.
Here are some things to know about Alishia Hanson:
- She was born in Wisconsin, and her family moved to Phoenix in 1983.
- Her parents divorced when she was 8.
- She attended public schools in Scottsdale & Phoenix; she graduated from Paradise Valley High School in 1993; and she graduated from Seattle Pacific University in 1997.
- After receiving a teaching certificate, she taught grade-school computers and high-school English at Scottsdale Christian Academy; she taught English as a Second Language in a public high school; and she worked as a middle-school librarian.
- Besides being a licensed real-estate agent, she is a homemaker & a homeschooling mom.
Here are some things to know about James Hanson:
- He was born and raised in Phoenix.
- His dad (who was born in Phoenix, too) died in 2003; his mom (who was raised in Phoenix) is happily remarried (and so the kids have a grandpa).
- He attended public schools in Phoenix; he graduated from Paradise Valley High School in 1998; and he graduated from Thomas Aquinas College in 2002.
- He taught at Veritas Preparatory Academy for a total of six years (one of those years during law school).
- He taught Ancient History, Medieval History, Humane Letters, and Latin (7th-grade Latin was his favorite).
- He graduated from the ASU College of Law in 2011 (and he's been a licensed lawyer since 2012).
- He received a Master's degree in English Literature from ASU in 2011.
- His friends & family call him Jamie.